AeroMobil s.r.o. AeroMobil (variously also styled Aeromobil and AEROMOBIL by the manufacturer) is a Slovak prototype roadable aircraft, designed by Štefan Klein and first flown in 2013.
The AeroMobil s.r.o. company co-founder and CEO Juraj Vaculík indicated in March 2015 that the vehicle is intended for “wealthy supercar buyers and flight enthusiasts”. About Aeromobil unveiled the production version of the vehicle in April 2017 and announced that it would be available for preorder before the end of 2017.
The prototype was conceive as a vehicle that can be convert from an automobile to an aircraft. The version 2.5 proof-of-concept took 20 years to develop, and first flew in 2013. The prototype was constructed by the AeroMobil Team, based in Bratislava, Slovakia and led by co-founders Štefan Klein and Juraj Vaculík, advised by inventor Dean Kamen.
As of 2013, there have been four developmental versions of the Aeromobil, 1.0, 2.0, 2.5 and 3.0,with earlier versions lacking folding wings, while later versions have folding wings and fins around the wheels. Version 2.5 was first exhibit in Montreal at the SAE AeroTech Congress and Exhibition. Version 3.0 was introduce at the Pioneers Festival 2014 in Vienna, Austria, and flew in October 2014. The designers intend to include a ballistic parachute.
In 2014 the company said there is no date for a finish product, but in 2015, after the crash of the prototype, they hope for deliveries by 2018.
On April 6, 2016, the company raised €3 million ($3.2 million US) to help fund the production and demonstration of a new vehicle. This round of funding comes from individual investor Patrick Hessel, a founder of c2i. The company, c2i, is a maker of aerospace and automotive parts construct from composite material.
- Crew: two
- Capacity: two passengers
- Length: 6 m (19 ft 8 in)
- Wingspan: 8.32 m (27 ft 4 in) wings extended
- Width: 2.24 m (7 ft 4 in) wings folded
- Empty weight: 600 kg (1,323 lb)
- Powerplant: 1 × Rotax 912 four cylinder horizontally-opposed liquid and air-cooled piston aircraft engine, 75 kW (100 hp)
- Maximum speed: 200 km/h (124 mph; 108 kn) maximum road speed: 160 km/h (99 mph)
- Stall speed: 60 km/h (37 mph; 32 kn)
- Range: 700 km (435 mi; 378 nmi) Road range: 875 km (544 mi)
- Driving fuel consumption: 8 l/100 km (29.4 mpg‑US; 35.3 mpg‑imp)
- Flight fuel consumption: 15 l (4.0 US gal; 3.3 imp gal) /hour